In 2023, Indian households spent around four hours per day streaming their favourite movies, shows, cricket matches, playing games and listening to music through Fire TV. A family in Delhi streamed 5.4 hours every day in 2023, the highest by any Indian household through Fire TV.
Favourites on Fire TV: Sports, kids’ content, news and TV shows
- Besides cricket, Fire TV users also enjoyed streaming F1 races. Viewership for F1 races witnessed a 50% increase from last year
- Kids’ related apps saw approximately 31% increase in monthly streaming hours per customer. Some of the popular apps include YouTube Kids, ChuChu TV, HappyKids and others
- Fire TV users also enjoyed playing music on their TV. Last year, one in every three users played music through Amazon Music, Spotify, and other music apps through Fire TV
- Fire TV users made the most of free (ad-supported) streaming platforms. Apps such as YouTube, miniTV, MX Player, and others saw approximately 23% year-over-year increase in streaming hours
Alexa’s universal voice search on Fire TV
- Nearly 80% of Fire TV users took Alexa’s help in searching and navigating through their favourite content across 12,000 apps, controlling their Alexa-enabled smart home appliances, setting reminders, etc.
- Comedy, thriller, and drama were some of the most popular genres of content watched by Fire TV users. Tarak Mehta ka Ulta Chashma was the most voice-searched Indian title, followed by Big Boss, Anupama, Ramayan, and CID to name a few
- Parents of young kids used Alexa to search and play popular kids’ shows namely Cocomelon, Peppa Pig, and Chhota Bheem through Fire TV
Indians across 99% of the pin codes have purchased Fire TV devices
- With thousands of positive reviews and a 4+ rating on Amazon.in, Fire TV Sticks have been bought by Indians across 99% of the pin codes of the country
- From Kavaratti in Lakshadweep, Port Blair in Andaman and Nicobar, Kamrup in Assam, Papum Pare in Arunachal Pradesh, to Purnia in Bihar – families enjoyed the streaming experience offered by Fire TV
Fire TV users enjoyed streaming Prime Video movies and originals
- Some of the most streamed movie on Prime Video were Pathan, Bawaal, Rocky aur Rani, Jailer, Drishyam 2, Pippa, and Mast Mein Rehne Ka
- Popular Prime Video original series streamed by Fire TV users were Farzi, Dahaad, Jubilee, and Made In heaven, to name a few
Amazon Fire TV devices: More details
Amazon’s Fire TV is the one-stop destination for all the streaming needs and brings together 12,000+ channels, apps along with the Alexa voice assistant for an improved experience. It is built on the Fire OS and it converts your normal TV to a smart TV. It supports all the major OTT apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube, JioCinema, ZEE5, Sony Liv, and much more.
With Fire TV devices, users can press and hold the voice/ Alexa button on the Fire TV remote and ask Alexa to find, launch and control content. Alexa can also play music, control compatible- smart home appliances, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, and set alarms. Customers can choose from a range of devices such as Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Cube, and Smart TVs with Fire TV built-in.