Here’s what the expert says
Dr. Arunesh Kumar, HOD Department of Pulmonology & Respiratory Medicine, Paras Hospitals, and Gurugram says, “Additional vaccine dose is a crucial step since it gives your immunity a new boost, which eventually aids in your ability to fight off illnesses. 40% of COVID-19-infected individuals are thought to be asymptomatic, they can still transmit the virus to others. The deployment of universal masks can significantly reduce the spread of viruses across society by preventing anybody, including those who are unintentionally harbouring the virus, from sharing it with others.”
What should be kept in mind?
We should observe COVID appropriate behaviour at all times to prevent new medications infection and their dissemination. Precaution is prevention, let’s be vigilant, wear a mask, follow all the COVID protocols and stand united in such times.
Dr. Kumar shared this precautionary guide you should follow to stay safe from COVID
- Inside your home, if at all possible, avoid close contact with sick people. Maintain a 6-foot distance between the sick person and other family members if at all possible. If you’re caring for someone who’s sick, make sure you’re wearing a well-fitting mask and taking other precautions to keep yourself safe.
- Indoors in a public setting: Stay at least 6 feet away from other people if you are not up to date on COVID-19 vaccines, especially if you are at a higher risk of becoming severely sick from COVID-19.
- Above all, don’t incite fear or spread rumours; they’ll do more harm than good. If your child or anyone in the family is sick, see a doctor immediately. Do not self-medicate or use medication you do not require.
- In most cases, the present strain of COVID merely causes minimal symptoms that can be treated with paracetamol. While following COVID regimens, a well-balanced diet, proper sleep, and regular exercise are all beneficial to your general health and well-being.
- To help prevent COVID-19 transmission, parents should continue to educate their children to wash their hands before touching their faces. A face mask is recommended when in public along with social distancing. It is recommended to avoid crowded places.