After word spread of the couple vacating their home with daughter, Malti, a report on PageSix indicates that the family of three was forced to vacate their home after it was deemed “unlivable” due to a mould infestation.
The celebrity duo, who acquired their dream home in September 2019, reportedly took the legal route and filed a lawsuit in May 2023 alleging that the pool and spa had a series of issues, including “porous waterproofing” that “fostered mould contamination and related issues” since April 2020.Allegedly, water damage has rendered the property “dangerous from a health perspective to occupy,” prompting the relocation of the family.
Court documents, as reported by the portal, indicate that a water leak at the barbecue area on the deck further exacerbated the situation, causing damage to a portion of the interior living area below.
Lawyer Fred Fenster told Page Six, “It’s like everybody who put a pick or a shovel in the property is going to be involved, and it’s going to be up to the builder to decide and prove who was responsible for the defects.”
While there is confusion over who is to blame for the damages, it should be noted that no one is suing Nick or Priyanka.
The lawsuit contends that the incurred damages are “substantial and significant,” prompting Priyanka and Nick to seek cancellation of the purchase and sale agreement. Additionally, the couple is pursuing compensation for “consequential damages.”
The estimated cost for repairs has gone up to over $4 Million. The cost for rectifying the waterproofing is projected to surpass $1.5 million, with an additional $2.5 million for “general damages”.
Currently, the family is living elsewhere while repairs are underway at their sprawling property.
PC and Nick’s mansion includes seven bedrooms, nine bathrooms, a spa, gym, a chef’s kitchen, a temperature-controlled wine room, an indoor basketball court, an interior bowling alley, a home theatre, an entertainment lounge, and a billiards room.
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas move out of their lavish LA mansion after it became ‘virtually unlivable’; couple seeks ‘consequential damages’ from the sellers